Monday on "Closer Look with Rose Scott and Jim Burress":
- 0:00: Clarkston Mayor Ted Terry and delegate for Bernie Sanders checks in from the Democratic National Convention;
- 7:29: Dennis Goodenow, resident of Snellville and member of Knollwood Lakes Homeowners Association, talks about how a proposed housing development in the community has neighbors concerned;
- 23:45: Susanna Capelouto reports on back-to-school shopping and what it says about the economy;
- 26:51: C.J. Stewart, a former Chicago Cubs outfielder and co-founder of nonprofit organization, L.E.A.D., and Marcelle English, business and sports analyst from Jersey Girl Sports Marketing Firm, talk about professional athletes and social justice issues after WNBA players were fined for wearing black warm-up shirts in the wake of recent shootings by police officers;
- 43:34: Reporter Katie Colaneri from WHYY in Philadelphia talks about the first day of the Democratic National Convention;
- 57:30: In today’s "Trending," Candace Wheeler talks about the Democratic National Convention, Verizon Communications $4.8 billion deal for Yahoo’s core internet business, and the death of singer Marni Nixon;
- 1:02:24: John Barrows, former congressman and DNC delegate, Khalid Kamau, organizer with #A-T-LisReady and DNC delegate, and Gigi Pedraza, co-founder of social venture YoSoyM, discussed their party’s platform and why they disagree on several “liberal” ideas.